The Meaning Behind The Moon Necklace
At Muru Jewellery, we love our jewellery to have a significant meaning so that we can feel empowered and inspired while wearing it. Our moon necklace is one of our most loved jewellery designs. The unique meaning behind it makes it a powerful symbol and a go-to talisman necklace for daily inspiration.
We explain the deeper meaning behind our moon jewellery and discover why it’s so popular! We will also show you the different ways to style our moon necklaces so that you can make your own personal jewellery statement.
The moon is an empowering symbol that represents female influence, intuition and kindness as well as the power that women wield throughout the world.
• Many ancient civilisations believed the moon to be a divine female deity, quietly wielding her influence over the earth.
• In Greek Mythology, the moon represents fertility and regeneration. Women wishing to conceive would pray to the moon goddess Selene to help them bring new life into the world.
• In Chinese philosophy the moon is the yin to the sun’s yang, showing how the female moon and the male sun can perfectly balance each other despite being opposites.
• The moon influences us in many ways, from the tides it creates to the emotions we feel. A full moon is thought to boost creativity, energy levels and positivity.
What is the significance of the Crescent Moon?
We use the symbol of the crescent moon in our designs as it represents both the waning moon and waxing moon phases.
• The waxing phase is when the amount of the lit surface is increasing, going toward a full moon. As the moon grows in illumination, it is thought to bring a new lease of energy and positivity, giving us the motivation to achieve our dreams.
• The waning moon phase (when the moon is moving towards a new moon) encourages us to focus on removing the negative energy from our lives as the moon appears to get smaller.
The moon necklace is an illuminating talisman that is perfect for every day. Here’s why it’s our necklace of choice for daily inspiration…
• It represents female empowerment!
• A great way to celebrate the inspirational women in your life.
• You can say “I love you to the moon and back” with this thoughtful gift.
• The moon is often referred to as ‘Mother Moon’ and is a symbol of new life… the perfect talisman for a new arrival!
• A moon is a reminder to go with your intuition and follow your dreams.
• A thoughtful message that brings loved ones closer together… “No matter where you are, you will always be looking at the same moon as I am.”
How should I style my moon jewellery?
Moon necklaces can look great worn by themselves as an everyday staple necklace, but the shape of the crescent moon makes it the perfect layering piece. The symmetry of our drop crescent moon necklace makes a versatile choice for layering and our regular moon necklace is a unique piece that teams perfectly with other charm necklaces.
• We love using a short 16″ bead chain or a 14″ choker bead chain as our layering base.
• Then add 2-3 small pendant necklaces on either a 16″ or 18″ chains.
• Complete the look by adding the larger pendants on a 20″ or 26″ long chain.
Check out our inspiration below and see how some of our favourite bloggers style their crescent moon necklaces!